Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Little School that Could!

Yes, that's right, I'm talking about Butler University!

Unlike most of the world, I didn't just discover Butler. I attended and enjoyed my four years of college there! And previous to myself, my mother went to Butler too. We actually ended up living in the same unit on the same floor in the same dorm, but that's a crananas for another time!

Back to Butler, the little school that could! How proud of my school am I, you might ask? Very proud indeed! Basketball isn't one of "my sports" but I do enjoy watching it live and I played one year in middle school (not good enough for the A-team and was carted off to the B-team! Don't feel bad for me though, I had my go at the A team in another sport! :0) ) and I have to admit, I only went to one or two games while attending Butler. But there's something about the spirit of the school, and the current players and Coach that made everyone, including me, want to watch!

I have two college buddies to thank for getting me on board the Butler bandwagon this year, Amy and Becky. Thanks ladies! I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on watching Butler's team make it to the final game!

Did you see this team make it to the final game? If you didn't, you truly lost! It's like the movie Hoosiers all over again! The Butler team had so much heart and never gave up! Slow and steady wins the race indeed! Ok, so not literally slow, because you can't play basketball slowly and win. Der! (Yes, I just typed Der. It's one of many words I've decided to bring back!)

You might be thinking, "Does this girl even know that Butler lost?" Yes, I do know that technically Butler lost this year. However, the day after the game, not many people saw Butler as the "loosing team", on the contrary actually! They won the hearts of the country and represented all the little schools, the underdogs, the people who work hard and never give up no matter what you're faced with! That's why they won in my book.

Congrats to the hard working and inspirational team! If you want to read a nice article about Butler, check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!