Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mmm, tasty but I think this book needs ketchup!

Ever read a good book and decide that it's just not doing it for you? Ever think about adding ketchup to see if that makes a difference? Yeah, me either. But apparently Joy Cassidy of Boise, Idaho has had that thought. Or a similar thought because this lady was pouring all sorts of condiments down into a library drop box. This condiment cuckoo has tried maple syrup (around breakfast time I can only assume), corn syrup, ketchup and mayonnaise.

Ok, someone has to ask the tough questions here. Why in world would you waste your time (and the condiments) to deface library books? What did Catcher in the Rye ever do to you? Or did you think Rye tastes so good with mustard and you just couldn't help yourself? Now to be fair, I've never tasted a book, so I have no idea if it needs ketchup or maple syrup. If only I could ask Ms. Cassidy! I'm not the only one that wants to hear what she has to say for herself. The court system has been anxiously awaiting her explanation and perhaps recipes.

According to the Chicago Tribune, there were warrants out for 74 year old Cassidy earlier this month because she failed to appear in court. Lucky for the cops, they won't have to follow a mayo trail because Cassidy decided to turn herself in.

My favorite bit from the article:

(This is after the article mentioned that Cassidy turned herself in on Monday.)

"That's after police say she poured mayonnaise in the library's book drop box that day — and was a person of interest in at least 10 other condiment-related incidents at the Ada Community Library in Boise since May 2009."

"Condiment-related incidents." Makes me laugh every time. I shouldn't be laughing though. We need to take our condiment crimes seriously. We have to think about the victims. Atleast now the library books can rest easy. No more fear of being drenched like a hamburger on July 4th. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!