Monday, March 1, 2010

Las Crananas!

This is a problem for anyone who fancies themselves a potential member of the Geek Squad, Nerd Herd, or Dork Patrol. I have a TV problem that I think is crananas and I'm looking for an explanation!

Here's the problem:

My TV will sometimes switch to Spanish without me doing a thing to it.

Here are the facts:

This only happens to our bedroom TV. Never had this problem with our living room TV.

I have had this happen to two different TVs in the bedroom.

The TV doesn't get cable, just your basic channels.

Sometimes I will turn it on and the dialogue will already be in Spanish. And no, it's not on a Spanish speaking channel. It mostly happens on channel 9 (WGN) and channel 7 (ABC).

Other times, the show will be in English and then suddenly switch on me in the middle of the program!

No, it's not always the same program or same time of day. And the commercials are in English! Say what?!

Changing the channel and then coming back to the crananas channel doesn't get rid of the Spanish. It takes turning the TV off, waiting a few minutes and then turning it back on. Most times, that works.

I know it's the show's dialogue translated into Spanish because I have retained un poquito of Spanish, enough to know that it's for the show I was watching. So it's not like my atenna is just picking up a different channel's dialogue.

QUE ESTA HACIENDO?!

Can anyone explain what is happening? Is there a TV lovin' ghostie in my room that only speaks Spanish? Is my TV trying to tell me that I should brush up on my Spanish skills?

Has this happened to anyone else out there? More importantly, how do I fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!