Saturday, March 13, 2010

Two Ghosties for sale! Two Ghosties for sale!

Two ghosties for sale! Two ghosties for sale!
Two crying and spying old ghosties for sale!
Do I hear a dollar? A nickel? A penny?
Oh, isn’t there, isnt’ there, isn’t there any
One who will buy these old ghosties for sale,
These crying and spying old ghosties for sale?

No, I'm not making this up. A woman in New Zealand auctioned off two vials supposedly containing a couple of ghosts. She didn't even need a clever poem to insight interest! Somebody actually purchased the vials!

But I think I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's begin at the beginning of this ghost story.

It was a dark and stormy night...What? Who doesn't want a little pizazz with their ghost story?!

Fine. I will put theatrics aside and deliver the facts. It's a good thing that this story is interesting enough without the pizazz!

The "ghosts" were put up for bidding by Avie Woodbury. Woodbury said they were the spirits of an old man who lived in the house during the 1920's, and a powerful, disruptive little girl who turned up after a session with an Ouija board. She said that the ghosts were captured in her house during an exorcism and stored in glass vials that were dipped in holy water, which she says dulls the energy of the spirits.

"I just want to get rid of them as they scare me. But someone might like these to play with," Woodbury said.

Since an exorcism at the property last July, Woodbury said there's been no further spooky activity. "Whether it is psychological or not but I definitely felt a new vibe in the house," she told TVNZ.

Wondering how much two ghosts go for these days? Well, they sold for 2,830 New Zealand dollars, which is 1,983 US dollars. Woodbury said all proceeds from the auction, minus the exorcist's fee, would be donated to an animal charity.

Now, I happen to believe in the idea of ghosts, spirits, angels etc. (But not so far into "etc" that I believe in Unicorns and Mermaids ok?! So don't freak out! :0) ) My ideas aren't fully formed on the subject because it's impossible to know everything about anything. But that doesn't mean that I can get on board with the idea of catching them in a glass vial! Let's say she didn't get swindled by the exorcist and she had ghosts and it's perhaps possible to trap them, is that really a kind thing to do? Trapping some poor confused spirit in a vial? And I certainly don't think that it's a nice idea to sell them to the highest bidder! Making money off of selling a ghostie? Hardly seems fair to me! Not to mention that you wanted to sell them because "someone might like these to play with." What?! Last time I checked, nobody really likes to play with ghosts, besides maybe that kid from The Shining.

All I have to say is this: Lady, if you think those ghosts were bothering you before, just wait till the proud new owner of the vials let's the ghosts "free." No matter how much the new "owners" want to play with their ghosts, I have a feeling, those ghosts are coming back. To find you. To thank you, in their own spooktastic way. I'd sleep with your light on, if I were you.

Boo!

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!