Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brush your teeth with yogurt containers! Say whaaat?

I love going to Target. I never know what new little treasure I am going to find. Ahh, superstores! On a recent trip to Target, I came across a super cool, dare I say cranana worthy, toothbrush!

Preserve, a Green company, is producing toothbrushes made from recycled yogurt cups! I know! So smart, right? Let me give you the details and then you can run to your local Target and buy them for your whole household. Trust me, after you learn some information on this toothbrush, you will never want to use a regular toothbrush again!

The toothbrushes are made in the USA and the handle is 100% recycled material from yogurt cups and other #5 plastics. The toothbrush is BPA free and it is dentist designed. Which means it has a curved handle (which after I have used for about a week now, I can see how much that makes a different!) and tiered bristles for gentle and thorough cleaning. Don't worry, the bristles are new! We should be able to be Green and still be Clean!

Another marvelous feature to this toothbrush? It comes in a no postage necessary envelope (the company calls it the first ever mail-back pack) that you use to send your toothbrush back when you're finished, so get this, it can be recycled again!! This is the sort of business we need to support! I have been using the toothbrush for about a week now and I like it a lot! I've saved the packaging it came in and when it's time I will send off this toothbrush and buy a new one. Well, new to me! If we don't do our part and buy these products, they will just disappear. This is an easy way to help our environment and it will make you feel proud of yourself. Did you know that Preserve Plastics uses:
  • At least 54% less water than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 64% less greenhouse gases (in CO2 equivalents) than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 75% less oil than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 48% less coal than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 77% less natural gas than virgin polypropylene
  • At least 46% less electricity than virgin polypropylene
(This information was provided on their website)

I don't think this toothbrush was that expensive either. I believe it was somewhere around the $2.99 range.

They have such a great website, please take the time to check it out! They've got info about their company, ways to recycle and products for you to buy. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!