Friday, June 18, 2010

TLC: Home of the cranana worthy reality shows?

Oh, TLC. What have you done this time? First you brought us the likes of Toddlers and Tiaras (I don't even have enough blog space to go into how crananas that show is!), then you introduced us to the families with mind boggling amounts of children (Yes, that's you Duggar Family. You have 19 children!!! I love children dearly and want my own, but 19? Yowza!) and everyone's favorite, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant (where reenactments make you giggle instead of sympathize).

So I really should not have been surprised to find out about your new show, Extreme Poodles. From what I can deduce, the show is about groomers who do up their poodles in all sorts of jaw dropping ways. And I'm not sure if it's a laughable bad idea or just a really bad idea. Are the dogs nervous? Are they having things glued to them? Is the dye bad for their fur and their health? My brother has a poodle and poodles are extremely cute! No need for literal bells and whistles! Sure, a silly shirt or a holiday hat or costume is fun if it's only once and a while. But are these competitions only once and a while or are these pups always acting as their groomers' living canvas? These are questions I need answered! I just don't know what to make of it! Will I watch? Hmmm, I don't know.

What are your thoughts on TLC's newest show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!