Tuesday, June 8, 2010

World's largest dodgeball game! Watch out weaklings!

In what I can assume was an effort to boost interest in their new phone, Samsung sponsored a giant Guinness Book World record-breaking dodgeball game. The winning prize was of course, their new phone, the Samsung Reality. I'm sure there was a presentation of the new phone and other marketing was probably in place, but I don't think I'd mind it. Why? Because they did something creative and entertaining for us, instead of just doing a commercial (Yes, I realize they probably will have a commercial for the phone but you get what I'm saying, right?).

Doesn't a giant game of dodgeball sound fun and at the same time a bit scary?! 6oo balls flying through the air in all directions, with the sole purpose of slamming into you! I know I would have been there, knee and elbow pads in place, ready to kick some dodgeball behind! But alas, this took place in New York. At least we can live vicariously through this video! Check it out!





I know the rules of dodgeball aren't terribly difficult but I still feel really bad for the referees that had to work that game! How can you keep order in the midst of such chaos? Somehow, they prevailed! Way to go refs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!