Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stars-They're just like US!

I'm sure you have come across this cranana segment of US Weekly Magazine and hopefully you laugh your behind off like I do.

My husband doesn't like me buy those types of magazines because he says it's contributing to the paychecks of the Paparazzi and some of them tend to cross lines.

I agree with him and I don't buy the magazines but I do get my fix of STJLU at hair salons, nail salons and while waiting in line at the supermarket. That's not handing money over to the Paparazzi, so it's ok right? And some of the celebs use the Paparazzi to their advantage! Maybe it's all staged anyway!! Whatever...don't tell my husband in any case! :0)

The main reason I take a peek at US Weekly is because of "Stars-They're Just like US!" Not because I need to know what the stars are doing at every moment or because I believe they are beyond us- like some sort of super human robot alien being. Nope. I simply like to laugh at the silliness in that particular section (I also like to keep up on fashion and celebs have stylists who are on the pulse of what's fashionable and put the stars in it from head to toe!).

One of my friends recently gave me her copy of US Weekly and I got my giggle fix.

Stars-They're just like US.....

Their napkins fly away!

Seriously. That was the first one on the page. Their napkins fly away?! OMG. Could it be true? Celebrities aren't perfect? Napkins fly away...from them too? Napkins just don't want to stay in place because they are in the presence of a star? Get. Out.

Ok, ok. Maybe that was a bit mean. I get what the magazine is trying to do. I think. I believe they are trying to show us that celebrities are just like us and things happen to them because they are human too? And we shouldn't hero worship them? It really is ground breaking stuff here. Oops, still a little mean. :0)

While I stand united with my husband and I vow to never purchase one of these rag-mags, I won't ever stop peeking inside for that one little section full of giggles. It makes me hang my head in shame just a little. But maybe the magazine does it all in good fun too. Perhaps they don't take it seriously! That's what I am going to hold onto. Yup. Well, that and maybe the occasional People Magazine. What? I'm only human too! :0) Cut me some slack!

Bloggers-They're just like us......

They read only quality magazines like People, Real Simple, In Style and Entertainment Weekly!

PS I totally respect and admire what the people in "The Biz" do...my husband's in the industry too and that's why we are careful about what magazines we buy. These shenanigans don't really have anything to do with the stars themselves, they are just the accidental subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!