Thursday, August 26, 2010

Top News in your Newsfeed: Facebook doesn't like competition!

Facebook is suing another company over using the suffix "book" in their name. The Chicago company in question is, Teachbook, a yet-to-launch site for teachers. Teachbook is designed to allow teachers to share lesson plans and other resources. They currently have only two employees and few than 20 users.

Facebook is none too pleased about the competition from this small start up. As well they should be. Who knows what could happen to the multi-billion dollar company if (dun, dun, DUN!) TEACHBOOK were to arrive on the scene (note my sarcasm please)! I can just see all of the teenagers and young adults who use Facebook rushing to close out their FB account and sign up with Teachbook!

Facebook is going to take care of business and see to it that Teachbook is buried in a fresh grave without internet access.

Uh oh. I better warn checkbook, playbook, scrapbook, pocketbook and guidebook about this! Stat! I don't want those words to be in trouble with the big FB too!! I guess bookmark, bookcase and bookworm better watch out too. Time to lawyer up guys! Better safe than sorry I say! :0)

I wonder if Facebook wants their question, "What's on your mind?", to be answered by Teachbook. I don't think they'd like that update!

To see the full story, check out UPI.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!