Sunday, September 5, 2010

Crananas artist award!

It's time for my Crananas Artist Award!

I stumbled across this amazingly innovative artist thanks to the Today Show. Ivan Lovatt creates stunning artwork out of chicken wire! I believe his artwork would still be incredible if he was using clay to sculpt, however he's using a much more ornery medium. So, to me, that makes it even more impressive.

Lovatt's website reveals that he "is drawn towards creating work that is accessible, recognizable and meaningful to the public. Ivan’s personality is represented in his sculpture. His work is honest, often quirky and amusing, yet demonstrates compassion for his subject, and above all has great integrity." From what I've learned about Lovatt, I completely agree.

I wish I could go back to Australia (where Lovatt lives) and marvel at his work in person! But alas, a trip like that isn't in the cards right now for me and if it isn't in your cards either, never fear! You can check out some of his work on his website!

I think my favorites are The Beatles, President Lincoln and Little Joe the monkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!