Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flying Chihuahua!

This crananas comes courtesy of my Mammaw. She sent me a small magazine article in the mail yesterday, and the best way I can convey this to you is by simply relaying it word for word.

Good Things Come From Above

A Chihuahua named Tinker Bell went missing for two days after a 70-mph wind picked her up at a flea market and blew her away. Her owners, Lavern an Dorothy Utley of Rochester, Mich., both 72, were devastated. A local radio station called a pet psychic named Lorrie, who advised the Utleys to search a wooded area on higher ground nearly a mile away. "I told them to keep looking up," said Lorrie. Sure enough, volunteers found Tinker Bell on the hill, muddy but safe.

Now, to me, this is a double crananas. Not only does this dog get swept away by a wind gust, but she is then found by a pet psychic! Two things I would never expect in any news story!

But wait! There's more! It's the world's first triple crananas! While doing some more research, I came across a couple of other blogs that posted the story along with a picture of little Tinker Bell. To my surprise, all of the online stories have one picture of her, but this photo from my Mammaw's article is a totally different dog! It seems like they just chose a picture of any old chihuahua and stuck it with the article! What the what?!

This story has also made me think twice about taking my chihuahua out for walks on windy days without some sort of weight strapped onto his back. Not only will it prevent him from blowing away, it will also give him a good workout! Bonus!

You can check out one of the articles I found at the LA Times Blog.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!