Friday, February 19, 2010

Jammie Jeans!

Lazy people everywhere, rejoice! Now you can have the comfort of sweatpants while looking like you are wearing jeans! Supposedly, these pants look just like jeans, with no zippers or buttons mind you, and of course they have the fancy "Italian designer-like brass rivets and back pocket design!"

Pajama Jeans' slogan? "Pajamas you live in, jeans you sleep in." I think I'm just going to let you marinate on that one for a minute.

While you are thinking about that, let's take a moment and ponder why they didn't do something more clever with the name. How about instead of Pajama Jeans, you called them Jammie Jeans or even just the Perfect PJ's (hello, that's Pajama Jeans shorten! Would have been cuter!).

Now let's chat a moment about the actual product. Sweatpants dressed up as jeans. If I'm telling the truth, I have to say I'm intrigued. I do like the idea of being comfy and still looking decent and not like I just woke up. But there are some people who don't give two toots about what other people think and are perfectly fine with walking around in sweats all day. More power to you, I say! Whether you care about what you wear or not, I think these pants might find a home in some people's drawers. I see it working out for college students, especially those that go to schools that are starting up dress codes. This product would surely fool professors, who probably don't care that much in the first place about what you're wearing. These "jeans" are probably also great for travel, whether by air or car.

Where they really missed their market is with pregnant women. I think this could be a major score with that part of the general public. I know I'd probably buy a pair if I had a bun in the oven. Heck, if they weren't 40 bucks, I'd probably buy a pair now just to see if the product's any good.

Bottom line: I have had pretty comfortable jeans made out of stretchy material before, so is this really that new? Or is it just trying to be the next snuggie by taking a product that already exists (It's a bathrobe! Argh!) and trying to market it in a cranana worthy way? If you are curious and perhaps even considering buying these pants, check out their website.


2 comments:

  1. They might be nice but if you order them in January and its 6 weeks later and you bought them with priority mail the priorithy does not mean anything! They don't answer any questions after your orders nor do the credit card people want to help you so jammie jeans I'm waiting~! Its almost Valentine's Day is there a heart and pair with my name on it? Don't hold my breathe thinking its fell asleep with my order Grrrr. Pantless in Chicago. =-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no pants in Chicago. Its over Valentines Day and still no sight on these items and no place to contact customer service or credit people will not refund or help either. Who does that? Think its a scam?

    ReplyDelete

Share it!