Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Organic Pop Tarts! And yes, you read that correctly!

Organic pop tarts people! Ok, so I call them pop tarts and I know that's not the real name, it's a brand name. Fine fine...Organic toaster pastries people!

*Sigh* It just doesn't have the same effect. But I digress. Onto what really matters!

I have had these tasty wonders a few times now and I think I'm long over due to spread the word! The atypical breakfast treat comes from a fantastic Earth friendly company called, Nature's Path. They are a company who's vision is "to be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home; socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable". You might also recognize their other brands, Envirokidz Organic and Optimum.

Now back to the sweet treats! Nature's Path have all the normal flavors when it comes to toaster pastries like blueberry, apple cinnamon, brown sugar and maple, raspberry, chocolate, strawberry, all with the options of frosting or no frosting. They also have a couple of options that some might call intriguing for the pop- ugh, I mean toaster pastry world. Try out cherry chocolate, cherry pomegranate, and wild berry acai!

The toaster pastries have no trans fat, are made of whole grains and organic ingredients and are vegetarian. When comparing Nature's Path blueberry to Pop Tarts' blueberry, Nature's has less fat, less sodium, and more protein than Pop Tarts. Plus Pop Tarts have a lot of ingredients, and I use that word loosely, that I can't pronounce and don't really believe need to be consumed by people.

Yes, these organic dopplegangers to Pop Tarts still have a big serving of calories (210 per pastry) but at least now you don't have to kick yourself in the pants every time you break down and pop one into the toaster. If I recognize every ingredient listed on the box, I feel like I'm in decent shape. Sometimes you just want a breakfast pastry dang it!

Check out their website and find out where to stock up on your own organic toaster pastries and other organic delights (I find mine at Trader Joe's)! Now if they would only make a crananas flavor, then I'd be all set! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it!